[ale] Filesystem Choice?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 15 11:08:37 EDT 2003

Michael,

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 10:52, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> For lots of Multimedia files I keep hearing that xfs is very good.  Haven't
> used it, myself.

	I would suggest XFS myself, and use it on both my "production" systems
at home (mine and my wife's).  However, Red Hat doesn't include XFS yet,
since it has only become part of the kernel with 2.5.

	You can always get patches for RH 9, I think.  See
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/ for more info, and root around the ftp
site for RH 9 patches.  Failing that feel free to contact me.

Danny