[ale] apache2.0 and named virtual hosts?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Apr 15 09:42:09 EDT 2003

  I'm trying to set up a name based virtual host on an apache 2.0 server
for some friends.  When I create the link to their site in sites-enabled
all traffic to my site goes to that vhost instead.  I have this:

{0}:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled>ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           36 Feb 18 10:15 default -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           45 Apr 15 09:27 semotorcycleguys -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/semotorcycleguys

{0}:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled>head default
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin robert at rdlg.net

        ServerName www.rdlg.net
        ServerAlias rdlg.net
        DocumentRoot /var/www/htdocs/
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

{0}:/etc/apache2/sites-enabled>head semotorcycleguys
<VirtualHost semotorcycleguys.rdlg.net>
        ServerAdmin robert at rdlg.net

        ServerName semotorcycleguys.rdlg.net
        DocumentRoot /var/www/semotorcycleguys.rdlg.net/htdocs
        <Directory /var/www/semotorcycleguys.rdlg.net>
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>

(Those are "heads" to show the ServerName directive)

Any thoughts off the top of anyone's head?
  Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net