[ale] term-based mail client for Maildir format?

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 15 08:32:01 EDT 2003

On 04/15, John Wells wrote:
> I tried mutt once...it took my Maildir mails and stored them in mbox
> format.  It was a major pain to recover them...
>
> Was this just a misconfiguration or default behavior?

I don't know how that would have happened.  Every version of mutt I've
ever used leaves your messages alone unless you explicitly move or
delete them.

For existing mail folders, mutt auto-detects the format and doesn't
change it.  For folders you create, mutt uses the "mbox_type"
configuration variable (set it to "Maildir").

--
Cory T. Echols
ctechols at mindspring.com