[ale] rsyncing *large* drives

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Apr 14 13:49:47 EDT 2003

Then, I hope you have a fast connection.

At onetime a company that I worked for was doing backups.  The backups
began at night and over time were taking longer and longer.  Soon, they
took so long that we have to redesign a backup strategy.  We could not
have the backup running well into the workday.

I rsync works wonders on text files.  I'm not sure how well it behaves
with binary files.  I use it mostly for text.