[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Mon Apr 14 12:02:51 EDT 2003

John -

	Sorry to hear it, and I no its of little solice but you're better off not working for such a
company. To wit - why protect their name? Seems to me I'd want to make it clear which companies
are still under the belief that software development (I assume you're a programmer) is a
commoditized resource - if only so I can know to short their stock. I'm all for cheap labor and my
stance on allowing talented foreignors to come and compete freely is widely known - but most pure
offshore development efforts have failed miserably because people don't know how to manage
them correctly. Of course, a great many "onshore" ones do as well so I guess if you're planning to
lose money then you made the right decision to lose less of it... :-) But then - you shouldn't be CEO.

	Ben Scherrey

4/14/2003 11:24:46 AM, "John Wells" <jb at sourceillustrated.com> wrote:

>Thought you guys might be interested in a response I got this morning from
>a buddy of mine about a job I had interviewed for with his company:
>
>"I think they filled it last week.  The main benefit of the resource they
>used
>was the fact he was offshore.  <company name snipped/> is making every
>attempt to hire offshore resources when available.  You interested in
>moving to India?"
<snip>