[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Apr 14 11:42:05 EDT 2003

George Carless wrote:
> Hey, America's all about capitalism, isn't it?  If resources are
> cheaper off-shore, and provide a better service for the money, then
> so be it.  In practice, of course, may companies find that going
> off-shore can be more trouble than it's worth -- stories abound of
> cheap off-shore labour misrepresenting itself, with employees
> claiming skills, degrees, etc. that they don't actually possess.
>
> At any rate, it's obviously not "because they're American" that the
> local workforce doesn't get hired, but because companies feel the
> need to cut costs -- there's little difference here between tech
> companies and the likes of Nike with their sweatshops.  Welcome to
> globalism and the logical extension of free trade -- welcome to
> America.

It's a lot more like it then you think.  I know the overseas folks don't
make as much money as the folks hear in the states, and I'd wager they
put in long hours as well.

> For my part, I'm proud to be a foreigner over here stealing your jobs
> and your women. ;)

Sorry, even with the ;) I see little humor in folks not being able to
find work...  The sad thing is, you'll likely be in the same boat one
day as you are now in the states, and will require similar income level
to maintain your status quo.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...