[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Mon Apr 14 10:24:18 EDT 2003

> Jesus guys, I was only trying to get a little contract work..  I didn't
> mean to start a revolution. :)

I step away from my computer for a few days, and JEEEEEEEEZ!!!!

last time this came up I was with the "keep it reply-to munging" ... since
then, I've come to realize that none of my other 12 lists do it that way,
and they all get good traffic and chatter.  Sure, I get dup mails
occasionally, but it doesn't seem to be the end of the world, yaknow?

Change the bloody thing, so that at least when this comes up in June/July
(about how long it is between these discussions, eesh) it can at least be
from the OTHER side for a change!

--attriel

Although, more than the bandwidth wastage from replying-to-list instead of
reply-to-sender, or even the reply-to-list-and-sender instead of
reply-to-list, what annoys me is all the posts where NOTHING IS DELETED!!!

Eesh.  I had a 3 page email (using squirrel at 1280 reso full screen) and
the CONTENT was the first 5 lines.  The REST of it was all quotage that
was (a) unresponded to, (b) largely irrelevant to the actual response, or
(c) the sigs and mailman tags (that was the last 1/1.5 pages) ... Can we
hearken back to the grand old days of netiquitte (and etiquette) and clip
out the bits we don't need?  (and maybe instigate the truly annoying "say
more than your sig & quotes" newsgroup ruling)

--attriel, again :o