[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Apr 13 20:47:17 EDT 2003

Ok. We can disagree on that.
The difference between you and I is that I have software that does everything
I want it to do - and yours clings to some sort of specification or ruleset
which is why you had to bring the problem to the list in the first place.

                  I will choose preferred usability every time.

By the way, let's check the polls . . . . .
17 to 7 . . . . I guess the majority of the members on the ALE list are also
"broken" ;) When are we going to accept the results and drop the issue?

Drew

On Sun April 13 2003 19:29, Geoffrey wrote:
> ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > nah. Your client must be borked - when I use kmail, and hit reply to
> > all, it sends it to the list and the original sender. Regardless of
> > the RFC - the goal is to be able to accomplish a particular task
> > easily. Your email client does not allow you the option.
>
> Uh, the RFCs define the way the tool is supposed to work, so 'regardless
> of the RFC' indicates you don't understand what the RFC is.
>
> Further, kmail is then broken.  Here's the deal.  I send email from
> work, but I don't want responses to go to my work address, I want them
> to go to my home address, thus I set the reply-to field to my home
> address.  This is the reason for the reply-to field.  If your client
> sends the response to both my work and home email address, it's done
> something that the reply-to field was intended to stop from happening.
>
> It's like when you order something online to send to your girlfriend.
> The From: address is yours, for billing purposes.  The Reply-to: is your
> girlfriend's address, because that's where you want the gift sent.  Now
> UPS sends the gift to your address, ignoring your instructions. Don't
> you look pretty in that pink nighty...

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com