[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Apr 13 19:54:32 EDT 2003

nah. Your client must be borked - when I use kmail, and hit reply to all, it
sends it to the list and the original sender. Regardless of the RFC - the
goal is to be able to accomplish a particular task easily. Your email client
does not allow you the option.

Reconfiguring the entire ale list to cover for the software is similar to
doing away with framesets because all browsers can't handle them.

Drew

On Sun April 13 2003 16:59, Geoffrey wrote:
> I know I should have never brought this up.  But, here's why the way it
> works now is painful for me.
>
> Currently, if I select reply, it goes to the list.  I'm okay with that.
> If I select reply to all, it still only goes to the list.  This sucks
> for me, because if I want to send the email to the original poster, I
> have to enter their email in the To field.  On Mozilla, that means
> either cut and paste, or select if from current list in my address book.
>
> On the old server, if I selected reply to all, both the ale address and
> the original poster were listed and then all I had to do was delete the
> ale address if I wanted to send a private email to the original poster.
>
> Ideally I'd like to see reply go to the list, reply all to go to both
> the original poster and the list, so I have the option to remove the ale
> address for private posts.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think the current software can be configured that
> way.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com