[ale] SuSE Samba script settings

John Marasco jemarasco at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 11 13:41:02 EDT 2003

Someone familiar with the SuSE startup scripts...

I installed SuSE 8.1 via ftp and have Samba running on a computer.  The trouble is that I am running the Samba server daemons by hand.  I would like to enable them in the SuSE startup scripts but when I try to trace through the scripts I can't find the references.

- I don't want to use the GUI as the monitor is so small that using the GUI is painful.
- I know I can add the daemons anyplace in the scripts, but I wanted to determine if there was a "standard" place that SuSE inserted Samba startup into the scripts.

Thanks :)