[ale] HOWTO -> create a ROOT [not boot] floppy ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Thu Apr 10 17:04:36 EDT 2003

Greetings !

I urgently need to create a ROOT [not boot] floppy for RH6.1 to retrieve
some data.

I HAVE a satisfactory boot floppy that loads all drivers required.

But no matter what I've tried when trying to get a root floppy to
install, (after the boot floppy calls for the root floppy to be
inserted), I get...........

Ramdisk: Compressed image found at block 0.
change_root: old root had d_count=1
Trying to unmount old root...okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k freed
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)

and then, the system hangs...........

Thank you for helping.........
Courtney

dated 12/21/02,

".....we have a president purchased by corporations in a sham election
who has put those corporations in charge of their own regulation. A
string of corporate scandals has exposed the myth of shareholder
control....."

Mark Spohr	Tahoe City, Ca. [1/18/03]