[ale] Help needed for a Non-Profit project - if not Linux thenwill go Windows

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Apr 6 12:30:25 EDT 2003

Greg wrote:

> BTW  If anyone has modem configuring foo then please share the knowledge.
> We are this --->| |<----- close to getting a Linux project off the ground.

Wish I could be there!  Anyway, I've had very good success with SuSE 8.1
and configuring modems.  Use YAST2:

yast2->Network Basic->Modem configuration

 From there, hopefully it will auto detect the modem.  If not, then
you'll have to configure it manually.

If it is detected, select to configure/change it.  From that point, it's
pretty straight forward.  I've done this for static ip as well as dhcp,
it works well.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...