[ale] OT [DSL Hell]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Apr 4 16:13:27 EST 2003

Bill West wrote:
> The short story- I need the name of a contractor or a
> free-lancer that can do work on my DSL installation.
>
> The long story = I am in an endless loop between
> Earthlink and Bellsouth.  My DSL went out 2/28 and I
> haven't gotten it back yet.  multiple calls to
> Earthlink and 4 trips to the house by Bellsouth have
> resulted in "it is my problem"  The problem my be the
> DSL filter installed when I was with Phoenixdsl, which
> became Telocity which became DirecTV which is defunct,
> may have failed.

If it is in fact the filter, they are easily replaced.  They are usually
somewhere close to the place where your phone line enters your home.
For example, my isp added a small box just above the grey phone box on
the outside of the house.

If it's other issues, I don't know that anyone other then the local
monopoly or your isp will be able to provide assistance.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...