[ale] VNC

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Apr 2 18:41:26 EST 2003

Joe,

Do you use any particular compression settings, etc?  I get fair perform
ace with the X VNC server from home to my linux box at work, but
embarrassingly enough, an rdesktop to a Windows Terminal Server on the
same vpn is faster.  I'm positive there must be some way to increase VNC
performance and intend to take a look at the various settings, but thought
you might have some tips.

Additionally, I'm sure WTS outperforms VNC because M$ can put hooks into
the underlying wm, but not sure.  That would make sense...

Thanks,

John