[ale] [OT] White flag

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Apr 1 21:10:51 EST 2003

ok, Open Source rates:$10 to $20/hr (very rare).  MS rates: $35/hr (less
rare).  I just got a job as a MS programmer (FT).  So.... after 15 months of
real sketchy contract (read: non-existent) work I am laughing all the way to
the bank.

Call me a bum if you want, but at least I can afford to pay my mortgage
(unlike my neighbor - who was foreclosed on along with his wife and 1 year
old kid).  Tough times call for tough calls and I would rather be an
employed MS programmer/sys admin than an unemployed Open Source
programmer/sys admin.

And no - this is not an April Fool's joke.

Greg