[ale] OT: White flag drops and the fight continues

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 1 15:55:12 EST 2003

Bob Toxen wrote:

> Ok, how DO I configure X on my Slackware 8.1 system?  I don't know
> the card's specs and don't have the manual for the used IBM monitor
> (19", I think)?  (I do have recent Mandrake CDs around but no disk
> space to do a temporary Mandrake install to steal its X config file.)
>
> Since 95% of the systems I build are servers (where X never should be run),
> I'm weak in the X Department.

What version of Slack?  I've just downloaded the latest greatest and
plan to install shortly.

Look for one of the following:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config
/usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config4

Depending on which version of X you've got installed.

Depending on how old the monitor is, you likely should see if you can
find the docks on it from the ibm site.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...