[ale] [OT] White flag

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Apr 1 14:41:55 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:39:30PM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> Is that real or Memorex? Oh no! I do believe it is April 1st in Atlanta (here
> I am an hour behind)- boy, I have to wake up eeeeaaarly in the morning to
> keep up with the "East Side."

Hmmm 00:26 Eastern Time is 23:26 'Bama Time on March 30.

I move that ALE adopt Eastern Time as our official Time Zone
so that my jokes will work in 'Bama!

The only thing factual about that post (besides Windoz SysAdmins
and programmers being bums) is that I haven't trashed my ThinkPad XP
partition yet 'cause I may need it to debug Suspend Mode, when I find
time to worry about it.

Surveys show that Linux and UNIX SysAdmins get paid about twice that of
Winbloz SysAdmins and last twice as long at their jobs.  We can't just
say "Duh. Something's corrupted.  Time to reinstall from scratch."
(The salary survey is no joke!)

When I posted  the joke I had been up for 30 hours recovering a badly
corrupted 140 GB ext3 partition for someone.  The problem was believed
to be due to flakey hardware.

> Drew
Bob