[ale] LVM, Software RAID

Denny Chambers dchambers at snapserver.com
Mon Sep 30 21:36:29 EDT 2002

Here is a diagram from what I remember from using LVM on HP-UX. I think
this correct. My understanding is that LVM for linux is based off of the
LVM implementation used on HP-UX.I believe that the commands are
similiar too. I hope the formatting for the diagram is not too far off.

**------- Files and Directories ----------**
**---------- Physical Volumes ------------**
* disk | disk | disk | disk | disk | disk **