[ale] Servlets Vs. Perl

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Mon Sep 30 15:09:22 EDT 2002

I've actually been quite impressed with the performance of Ruby.  I've
used it several times in the past year for some fairly heavy db
maintenence scripts and network utils, ported over from perl (nothing
against Perl, just wanted to try somthing different).  Granted it would
be nice if there was a good, quality complier for it, but as a scripted
language it's nice.  And it's 110% OO, thats probably the coolest thing
about it, since ANYTHING can be an object.

Check out http://www.ruby-lang.org if anyones interested in it.

-- mike

--

Michael Lockhart - PHP Developer