[ale] Linux Router?

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 30 09:33:56 EDT 2002

I'm not sure how moribund it really is. They cranked out a version using
kernel 2.2, and  I snagged some working copies and the source after
scratching through google for a while. It hadn't been worked on in a
while, but I managed to create and use a boot floppy with it, although I
haven't yet managed to get all the devices I'd like to use recognized
and working.  I'm planning to use LRP again on a cable firewall after
years of happy service on my dial-up router.

Seems like the original maintainers ain't around any more, but I found
some sites on google which might help. Try
http://lrp.ramhb.co.nz/main.htm for one.

The stuff I got ain't here, but I could probly figure out a way to get
it to you if you wish. The source is fatt -- it barely fit on a 100 mb
zip disk.

-- CHS