[ale] INSTALLFEST

Jordi S. Bunster j.bunster at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 28 21:30:25 EDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 21:07, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> If you have a high speed net connection (actually dialup is semi
> painless since you only download the packages you need) you can do the
> full install from floppy+net.

I run Debian, and I track the testing branch, so to say. I sync every
sunday, it's slow (dialup), but I leave it downloading and go to bed,
then on monday morning I finish installation and go late to work. ;)

I've not followed the thread on the installfest, but I can take my woody
CD set if anyone wants to burn copies there. My cd writer is only 2x,
and the thing is 7 CDs, that's why I don't offer copies to everyone. :(

Is the date for the installfest already chosen? Place as well?

 -- Jordi