[ale] Mandrake 9.0

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Sat Sep 28 10:51:24 EDT 2002

I've been trying to find an open ftp site to d/l it since its announcement with no luck. Mandrake 9
seems to be the first dsitribution to ship with the new gcc 3.x compiler as the system compiler. I'm
curious as to whether they've dropped the python 1.5 from being a requirement (RedHay ships with
python 2.x as python2 making python 1.5 be the default python executable - a completely useless
and troublesome hack). That damned gcc 2.96 has been no end of trouble for me and makes
linking to the shipped KDE libs impossible with a good compiler. I'm looking to jump off RedHat for
good after all the trouble they've given me... and I really used to like them.

	Ben