[ale] FW: recording from tape to slackware 8.1 system

George Johnson gljay at netzero.net
Fri Sep 27 09:01:10 EDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: George Johnson [mailto:gljay at earthlink.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 12:42 AM
To: Ale
Subject: recording from tape to slackware 8.1 system

I am typing the following after testing to see that my tape recorder does
play thru the sound card:

rec -s w -c 2 -r 44100 side1.wav

I get the following error:

/usr/sbin/rec: line 205:  273 Segmentation fault     sox $volume
$arch_defines $fopts $device $fopts2 "$filename" $effects

Then it returns me to the prompt.  I am using gmix to adjust the volume and
clicked the record radio button on it.  Where am I going wrong.

gj