[ale] Perl Question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Sep 26 16:34:02 EDT 2002

>>>>> "cfowler" == cfowler  <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    cfowler> Okay I started doing some perl for testing and have a
    cfowler> quick question.  I have grabed a web page and it is stuck
    cfowler> in $resp->content

    cfowler> How can I walk through that line for line looking for
    cfowler> data.

    cfowler> I actually need what is between <textarea> </textarea>.
    cfowler> The first instance of that.

    You want to grab HTML::TreeBuilder or HTML::TokeParser.

    Before that, grab a copy of Sean M. Burke's _Perl and LWP_ which
will cover both using regexen (which has been sugguested, but really
isn't recommended for parsing arbitrary HTML) and the above two
modules.  It's well worth the $35 if you do any sort of HTML grobbling
with perl.

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U