[ale] Perl Question

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 26 16:27:00 EDT 2002

Fletch can tell you a one liner to do it. I'm not that elegant.

The main tool you want to use is the very excellent CGI perl module from
Lincoln Stein.

It has a plethora of tools that simplify getting data from structures
returned from web page form submits. It is also very well documented.

If all you have is just the raw page with the data stuck inbetween a
textarea tag, split is a good choice here.

$data  is the storage tank for the entire page.

($pre, $post)=split(/\<textarea\>/, $data); #now $post starts with what
you want

($goodies, @junk)=split(/\<\/textarea\>/, $post); # $goodies has just
the stuff between the first textarea tags.