[ale] Can I identify the country of origin?

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Wed Sep 25 10:54:00 EDT 2002

I know it is an off topic question, but this group represents some of
the best minds in town.  My boss asked me if I could identify the
country of origin of systems connecting to our web page. I think he
wants to automate the language displayed.  I told him I wasn't aware of
anything, but decided I'd ask a larger audience before I gave him an
absolute no.  I know I can do a name lookup and sometimes figure out the
country, but that won't always work.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Jim.