[ale] Still noob to ale

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 23 23:18:36 EDT 2002

George Johnson wrote:
> Considering that I am really still new and do not really know anybody
> personally, I was wondering who is the guru at what specific part of Linux
> like who is the Pearl or C program expert, who is the network security guru,
> admin guy, etc?

Hmmm, the best I could say, is that Fletch seems to be the Perl guy,
although there are certainly others.

Bob Toxen, Jonathan Rickman and Michael Warfield come to mind when I
think about security.

Networking, well, there's a bunch of them out there, but I'd suspect
that Steven DuChene  is quite knowledgeable in this area with his
experiences with clusters and the fact he's been doing Linux a long
time.  The security guys mentioned above will certainly have a bit of
background in this are as well.

As for me, I know a little bit about various areas, but couldn't really
say I'm a 'pert quite yet.  I dabble in network stuff, graphics, perl,
automation, video capture, firewalls, audio recording, C, java.

Your best bet is to research the problem first, then if you're still
stuck, post your question to the list.  If someone can help, they will.
     You'll find all kinds of folks willing to assist and learn along
with you.

> Also, is there a number of us that would like to get together and all pile
> into a theater to watch the next Matrix movie?

Now I'm game, although there's been a couple of us talked about having a
meeting at a pub soon.:)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net