[ale] ALE NW meeting last week

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 23 16:15:13 EDT 2002

I want to thank Steve Duchene for filling in at the last minute with his
X presentation last week.  I think it went real well, considering Steve
had about 3 hours notice.  He's offered to do another presentation on
clusters in the future, so I figure we'll need to take him up on that as
well.

Steve covered various X issues such as remote access, dual head, tuning
(fonts, dpi) and such.  I'd actually like to have him do it again,
giving him more time to prepare. :)

I failed to get a head count, but I'd say there were about 15-20 folks.

It's a lot to ask a guy to haul multiple computers up to do such a
presentation.

Thanks again Steve.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net