[ale] cups default printer changes??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 23 09:20:52 EDT 2002

I've notice a minor problem that I'd like to resolve.  Cups is doing a
Microsoft kinda thing, in that when my default printer goes away, as in
the print server is rebooted, it changes the default printer for the
various machines.

The point is, this is the machine I've been swapping modems out of in
order to try and get one that works.  I don't want the machines to
change their default printer just because the machine reboots.

I've not found a solution to this in the cups docs.  Anyone know of a
reasonable resolution.

ps.  By 'microsoft' thing I mean it assumes it knows what I want and
does so without permitting me to intervene....

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net