[ale] odd printing problem

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 21 17:26:50 EDT 2002

If I call up a .TXT file in a text editor, the print command
works just fine. I also can print a web file from Konqueror.

But if I try to print a file from Open Office, Abi-Word, or
KWrite, nothing happens.  When I check the print queue.
I find this:
Printer: HP_5MP at localhost - ERROR: spool queue for 'hp_5mp"
does not exist on server localhost.localdomain
   non-existent printer or you need to run 'checkpc -f.

That reports:

Warning - Epson_1270: 'no :rm, :lp, or :sv entry'
Warning - Epson_1270: Bad printcap entry - missing 'sd' or 'client' entry?
Warning - HP_5MP: 'no :rm, :lp, or :sv entry'
Warning - HP_5MP: Bad printcap entry - missing 'sd' or 'client' entry?

I am currently set up and trying to use CUPS.

Once again I am clueless.
and help would be appreciated.

Sean