[ale] Sendmail

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 20 19:46:27 EDT 2002

 I have been looking at configuring my Linux box as a mail server.  And would love to do
it with sendmail. I have some Linux docs and a coffee pot, only does 12 cups at a time
though. Is it really that hard to do?

 Something that is just blowing my mind is that mindspring doesn't allow relaying. Does
that only block client software like Netscape, outlook... etc.  I actually have sendmail
running on my system I can email myself and probably anyone else that uses mindspring for
that matter from my Linux box. But if I try to email to another domain forget it.

 My biggest question is and most confusing part is:

 Why do I have to put mail.mindspring.com as the outgoing smtp mail server?  if I am using
another server for email and even still use the account name for the other remote email?
Just seems odd.

Adrin