[ale] ALE NW meeting update

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 14:37:27 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:10:23PM -0400 Geoffrey The Esoteric <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> Our presenter for this evening's meeting has an family issue he must
> attend to, and therefore is out of town.  This is your chance to show
> everyone how quickly you work on short notice.
>
> Anyone who would like to provide a short presentation on a Linux
> subject, please give me a short description and we'll see what happens.
>
> I'm hoping there'll be a handful of folks willing to jump on this so we
> can have an impromptu set of mini-sessions, (serially).
>
> Be prepared with any recent problems or questions you might have.
>
> Worse case, we'll have a switchboard.
>
> Okay, not everyone at once huh?
>
> The plan is to reschedule Greg's presentation for another month.  He's
> put a lot of work into it, and I'd like to see him complete it.

I don't think it's very Linux related, but I have a box that won't seem
to recognize anything but a Windows boot sector.  Perhaps some gurus
could take a look at the bios and see if there's something I've missed?
Or if it's just some IBM and Intel (IBM Black Beauty) thing that refuses
to work with Linux?

Anyway, let me know if anyone says it's worth my bringing...  :-)

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net