[ale] Journal Problems

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 10:03:24 EDT 2002

Hey all,

Apparently this weekend's storm caused a short brown out
here at the office. So when I went to reboot the
development server, I start getting this error:

EXT3-fs error (device ide0(3,6)) in start_transaction:
Journal has aborted

I ran fsck on /dev/hda and get an message saying that an
Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short
read while trying to open /dev/hda

Any ideas or thoughts of what direction to head in to
repair this problem?

TIA,

=====
Kevin Stoll