[ale] amd linux and win98 dual

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Sep 18 12:01:57 EDT 2002

Well folks, I was able to boot my new install of Linux on the amd box
via the rh rescue process.  Seems that everything got installed, but
critical things like the boot loader process were never installed.

I got grub installed, had to configure X, had to set up the network as
that never was done either.

I still don't know why the thing locked up.  The install log was of no
help, basically showed me the last thing installed was X, but it was in
some configuration state when it locked up.  Further, X configured just
fine, so I doubt that was it.

My daughter now has her dual boot back.  Much to my delight, spent the
evening playing Xbill. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net