[ale] [OT]: Programming Best Practices

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Tue Sep 17 15:12:34 EDT 2002

Thanks guys.  A friend of mine also recommended "The Art of Computer
Science" by Donald Knuth.  From what I've been able to find on it, it's
a pretty high powered set of books.  Is this somthing I'd be better off
waiting to get my hand on untill I get a lot better at coding? (if
anyone here has used/read these books)

Additionally, I just got my hands on "The C Programming Language" by
Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie (ISBN: 0-13-110362-8) from a guy here
at work who had an extra copy.  Any other C book recommendations?

Sorry for all the questions, I've been programming for a while, but just
winging it, I'd like to start writing good, solid, clean, and portable
code.

--

Michael Lockhart - PHP Developer
mailto:mlockhart at intercosmos.com