[ale] Why is X sleeping?

Dana Powers dana at slothlovechunk.org
Tue Sep 17 09:26:58 EDT 2002

<hunch>
That type of delay may be due to a failed dns lookup by your
ssh-agent. Are you actually using the ssh-agent, or is this something
that comes default configured that way? In either case, you might
check out how long it takes to reverse-lookup your own ip, and
possibly add entries to you /etc/hosts file to speed things up.
</hunch>

Dana Powers