[ale] Recording from tape to cd

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 16 15:01:22 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 12:05, George Johnson wrote:
> Is there any application/utility for Linux that I can use that would allow
> me to burn music cd's from cassett tapes?  My guess is that I would have to
> record the item to wave file or something first.  I am currently running
> RH7.3, SuSE7.3 and Slackware 8.1.

I believe that gramofile <http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/>
is just what you want.

I've never used it, but I keep intending to.  Here's the blurb:
GramoFile is a computer program, running under the Linux operating
system (and some other UNIX-like OSses -- and even DOS/Windows now!),
with the main goal of putting the sound of for example gramophone
records on CDs. It is able to record hours of CD quality music, split
long sound files in separate tracks, and remove ticks and pops from
recordings.

--Michael