[ale] rh 7.3 on amd, more info

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Sep 16 13:47:45 EDT 2002

Okay, here's something I didn't see before, that appears a bit weird to
me.  As I noted, I used partition magic to make room for linux on this
box that currently has win98.  I just booted with Tom's r/b disk and
listed the partitions.  it shows the following:

/dev/hda1           510      1232  (win98)
/dev/hda2             1         6  (linux /boot)
/dev/hda3             7       477  (linux /)
/dev/hda4           478       509  (linux swap)

Point being, the filesystems are not numbered in the order they are on
the drive.  When I did an fdisk with tom's r/b, it did indicate this as
well.

Further, I could not mount either of the linux partitions as fdisk
complained that there were additional options needed that were not
supported by that kernel.

Anyone seen this before?  Suggestions as to how I might resolve this,
short of reinstalling two OS's... :(

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net