[ale] Handspring Visor and Linux USB

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Sep 14 14:01:28 EDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   Anyone have the handspring visor backup working with Linux 2.4.18?  I
> have USB working happily but no love with the Visor.  I hit the hotsync
> button and I see the console/syslog message but pilot-xfer can't find
> the device.  I may have the wrong device, I've tried /dev/usb/ez[0-4].
>
> www.linux-usb.org isn't helping much either.
>
> Just want to run backups right now.
>
> Thoughts?

<8-)> Get a serial cradle and use that? </8-)>

More seiously, I was able to get the handspring to sync through usb, but I
recall the process as not being pretty. The big memory (which doesn't help
you I know) was a sensitive dependency on hitting the sync button on the
cradle _then_ hitting the application sync button on the computer (I use
jpilot and like it a whole bunch).

When I get to my notebook, I'll try and remember to look for my notes on
the process. With luck, I can find and translate them to make sense.

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ingnorance