[ale] resolver problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Sep 12 22:08:44 EDT 2002

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Is the tachyon machine allowed access through /etc/hosts.allow on print?

Yeah.  I've resolved the problem though.  I still can't use the web
interface of cups to print a test page to that printer, but there were
actually two different problems.  I also had /usr/bin/lpr and
/usr/bin/lpr.cups  /usr/bin/lpr was from LPRng whereas /usr/bin/lpr.cups
came from cups.  On my other machines /usr/bin/lpr is a sym link to
/usr/bin/lpr.cups.  Once I removed LPRng and created the sym link, I can
now print to the printer on print from tachyon.

This cups is turning out to be pretty nice, once you figure it out. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net