[ale] resolver problems

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 12 21:32:45 EDT 2002

In the /etc/hosts file on tachyon, the order of the machine name should
be:
172.16.255.99 print.home.edu print

The reverse order will cause it to only be know by "print"

When you enter print.home.edu, it is not resolvable by /etc/hosts so it
looks at the vpn nameserver, which, of course, gags on it.