[ale] WML

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Sep 10 11:51:30 EDT 2002

WAP/WML wound up being way too clunky for real-world usage. However, some
companies such as Ebay and Google still have WML support. In fact, Google
auto-translates ordinary HTML to WML if you click on a link that appears
in your search results (assuming you're using a WML-compliant device).

www.WAPForum.org if you wish to pursue further. I believe the Nokia 3360
and similar models only support WML 1.1 (definitely not 1.0).

I know that W3C has an XHTML Basic recommendation that's targeted to
embedded device support such as mobile phones. Maybe the mfgrs. are focusing
on that. Or maybe they're looking to phone/PDA convergence so they can just
deal directly with regular (X)HTML.