[ale] cups continued

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Sep 10 11:14:53 EDT 2002

Uh, I think setserial(8) is the program you are looking for. Usually it
gets called somewhere in the init scripts. It's worth eyeballing the
command line there and seeing if it works interactively.

I used to have trouble with serial ports on linux. You need to make
sure:

* the proper drivers are loaded (not a problem if you're already seeing
the device in /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1)
* setserial gets run properly
* You have the right device on the right port.

-- CHS