[ale] Warning - spamed on Bellsouth.net

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 10 07:53:50 EDT 2002

Spammers don't get all e-mail addresses from the Internet. Many of them now
use a technique for creating likely e-mail addresses. I get some spam sent to
my e-mail address and a bunch of similar combinations. As you can see, my
e-mail address is based on my name and it doesn't take too much logic to
deduce similar e-mail addresses. So, if your BellSouth e-mail address was
similarly based on your name, the spammer's software prbably just guessed it.