[ale] Odd Dual boot problem

Rafos701 at aol.com Rafos701 at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 14:21:31 EDT 2002

I don't know anything yet, but I have the same problem. I have a feeling that (we)you'll  get advice such as "do a mke2(3)fs on the Win2k partition; this should remediate the problem*  :]
       I don't have the money or hardware to have a current distribution, (sort of, my W2K lasts 120 days,) but if modern distros have been able to write to ntfs, overlaying your directory trees from your original Win2K (stored in a /home buffer e.g.) onto a re-install of the OS restores my apps, drivers, and tuning on my FAT16 NT installations (purportedly a reduced crash dev't environ.)
        I'm a tough sell for any IT work, and simply suspect I'm too dumb to compete above the level of Winbloze suppt.