[ale] OT Re: [ale] Microsoft now favors fair competition

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Sep 6 17:12:43 EDT 2002

Matthew Brown wrote:
> Sorry, Geoffrey.  I don't understand the question.
>
> I was merely stating my opinion that Microsoft has done a good job at
> complying with the CSS/DOM standards, where they exist.  Sure, they also
> add to the standards where the standards have fallen short, and that
> does create a real pain in the neck when the standards catch up.  But of
> course Netscape has done the same thing.

HTML 4, IE is WAY ahead of Netscape on proprietary extensions.  Couple
that with the fact that IE runs on one platform, makes it a whole
different issue.  Sure, netscape created extensions ahead of standards,
but at least you could get a bloody browser for your architecture to
handle them.

Microsoft does what's good for Microsoft whether it's CSS or proprietary
browser tags.

> Of course, I'm happy to bash good ole M$ whenever it suits, but CSS
> support is not one of those areas.  There are so many weaknesses to
> attack, let's not waste our time on a relative strength.  Why not go for
> Bob, .NOT, jscript, J++, SMB, FUD, etc.?

Because these are so obviously broken, my 11 year daughter recognizes it.

> Still have received no check...

You may find it humorous, I do not.  Your comments such as these belie
that I see you as a M$ sympathizer.  Hardly, but anyone who has anything
good to say about M$ is poorly informed, or worse, too much like M$.
This company has destroyed whole companies and with it, people's lives.
  They have no conscious at all, none of them.  Joking about being on
their payroll, or that I might see you 'as one of them' is sadly unfunny.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net