[ale] OT Re: [ale] Microsoft now favors fair competition

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Fri Sep 6 12:02:45 EDT 2002

It doesn't stay there for me.  Hmmm...

Probably CSS

Best regards,
Matthew Brown, President
CorData, Inc.
O: (770) 795-0089
F: (404) 806-4855
E: matthew.brown at cordata.net

-----Original Message-----
From: ChangingLINKS.com [mailto:x3 at ChangingLINKS.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 10:59 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] OT Re: [ale] Microsoft now favors fair competition

Ok, I spent some time playing with the scroll bar on
> Bruce Peren's counter site, Sincere Choice http://sincerechoice.com/
I don't get it - how does he get the navigation menu to stay there
without
tons of javascript everywhere? I have never seen this done - and I have
seen
a lot of code in sites.

Drew

On Friday 06 September 2002 11:05, Keith Hopkins wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > The New York Times has an article today on the growing number of
> > governments around the world that are adopting, or even mandating,
> > the use of free, open source software. As a response to this
> > phenomenon, Microsoft has created the Inititative for Software
> > Choice to speak up for greater competition (irony of ironies). Here
> > is a quote from Peter Houston of the Initiative for Software Choice:
> >
> > "All we're looking for is a level playing field competitively."
> >
> > I won't comment on that. But the article is excellent and can be
> > found
> > here:
> >
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/05/technology/05CODE.html
> >
> > Free registration required, along with a DNA sample (just kidding).
>
> Yes, it is a lovely piece of work...now for the scoop behind it, check

> out Bruce Peren's counter site, Sincere Choice
> http://sincerechoice.com/

Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

---
This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.