[ale] Ghosting Linux

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Thu Sep 5 14:47:57 EDT 2002

ALErs -

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Denny Chambers wrote:

> 1. Why not use Norton Ghost?

Actually we have had some problems with this, most recently last week.

We plugged the 'ghost' diskette into the Linux box and booted it. It
seemed to recognize Linux partitions fine, and appeared to enter it's
'copy' step (to a Win host elsewhere on our LAN), but then it hung forever
- never registered any progress.

Our target was a RH-7.2 box which had been set up with ext2 partitions.

Has anyone seen, and [better] overcome this?

 - John Mills