[ale] Syslog and MySQL

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Sep 5 11:59:37 EDT 2002

[...]

    Jonathan> Well, this sounds like a job for perl. Fletch???

        Of course.  You can do everything with perl.  I use it as a
dessert topping and a floor wax.

        Seriously, processing text is one of perl's strengths.  You
could probably very easily do this using DBI and DBD::mysql to dump
things into your database.

http://dbi.perl.org/
http://search.cpan.org/author/JWIED/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219/

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U