[ale] Bash question

Joseph Mugerwa tamjoe7 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 18:16:51 EDT 2002

Hi Guys and Gals
Surely i think haing guide lines in bash will help
many of us how are will to learn bash even if i have
tried on my own having other and many of you giving us
a hand will really be fine.
Actually i have been figuring out how to solve my
problem using bash
Problem
I do collect jokes and i would like to send them on a
diarly basis to a group of friends.

1. i created a file where to keep all the mails to my
freinds
2 i have kept all the jokes in one file text format
and every next joke is separeted with =* sign i.e

=*
joke n1
blabla xxxxxxxxxxxxx

=*
joke n2
blabla xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My intention was to use mail program like this
mail -s "joke of the day" [read a joke from the file]
myfriendsmail at at.home and this would be a diary cron
job that send a mail to all the address in the address
file.
Question
How do i go using bash to be able to read one joke and
send to all address, am will to learn to make this
happen and i would appreciate any better solution .
Thanks in advance
JM

=====
||  |o_o |   Joseph Mugerwa           |o_o |   ||
||  |:_/ |   Kvarngatan 21            |:_/ |   ||
|| //   \ \  692 34 Kumla [ SWEDEN ] //   \ \  ||
|| (|    | ) Tel: +46(0)70-4369919  (|     | ) ||
|| /'\_ _/`\ yahoo id # tamjoe7     /'\_  _/`\ ||